- lentil soup from the Bean Ladies: you add water, an onion, and a carrot (if you have one) and half an hour later you have yummy soup.
- fresh ale bread from Urban Parisian (Port Dover): ever drink the Devil's Pale Ale? ever think it would be delicious in bread? well, it is, at least when the Urban Parisian folks make it!
- vegan 'quesa'dillas from Mex-I-Can (Hamilton): good friends, good food (if you're in no particular hurry) and birthday fun (not mine).
- home BBQing
- goldfinch feeding (under threat from a hovering clan of yellow birds unimpressed by the sunflower seeds I'd put out earlier)
- flower planting (I'm a sucker for the garden)
- replacing the sneakers I had literally worn through to the ground (new shoes, same old style)
- the very odd film Rubber: a sadistic tire awakens to discover its own violent psychokinetic powers while the audience watches through binoculars...
Hellbound Summer Metal Meltdown on CFMU 93.3 FM!
My first official radio appearance since I laid Kill Eat Exploit the Weak to rest in 2007, this time co-hosting with Hellbound staffers Sean Palmerson, Adam Wills and Jonathan Smith.
My opening playlist (roughly a quarter of our 10:30pm-12am time slot):
- Edge of Sanity "Silent" Purgatory Afterglow
- Virgin Black "Walk Without Limbs" Sombre Romantic
- Anathema "Sleepless" Serenades
- Annihilator "Set the World on Fire" Set the World on Fire
Hellbound is invading CFMU for the entire summer. Tune us in.