Saturday 19 December 2009

trouble interview plus exclaim's best of the year

Bruce Franklin from Trouble and I engaged in a very conversational interview last week. We talked about downtime, the current line-up, playing live... read it at Hellbound if you're interested.

I still remember the first time I heard Trouble back in the early 90s (a friend included them on the 'best of the year' tape mix he made for himself). I was immediately hooked. Soon after I was digging through the record stacks at Dr. Disc and found myself a copy of the Psalm 9/self-titled album, which I still proudly possess. According to Bruce, my introduction to Trouble was fairly typical:
"I think a lot of people actually picked up on us around the same time you did because that was our first major label release and that’s actually our biggest selling record and we toured for a year straight then. So I think a whole lot of people got turned onto us on that record, and did what you did and went back and found some of the older stuff. It’s just cool, that’s happened with me with old bands."
You can find the rest of the interview with Bruce Franklin here: Trouble: Nowhere Near Endtime.


Speaking of best of the year mixes, I've submitted my selections to Hellbound, so keep your eyes open for Hellbound's special end of the year features coming up in the next week or two. In the meantime, you can check out Exclaim's year-end picks, which have been out for a while. A couple of my choices made it to the Aggressive Tendencies top ten, including Katatonia's Night is the New Day.

No comments: