Tuesday 18 November 2008

catching up on old news

In the midst of all my pre- and post-travel reading this fall I bookmarked a couple of news stories that I wanted to comment on. If I wait until I have time for a fully-formed, intelligent response these may never get posted, so instead, here's a very short reel of highlights. Read on if something catches your mind...

We may be the "dominant" species around here but our mere existence relies on some complex interspecies interaction and interdependencies: Putting humans in their place.

In numerous recent discussions - even more frequent since the 'massive economic crisis' discourse has been steam rolling around - the futility of infinite growth economics has been a recurring theme. Sometimes it's just in the context of a casual conversation, sometimes it's in a column by David Suzuki and Faisal Moola: The behemoth that wouldn’t stop growing.



http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2008/10/07/7001616-ap.html

No comments: