Wednesday 28 March 2007

is it the day after tomorrow already?

On the air this weekend I talked about Josh Hooten's editorial in the latest issue of Herbivore magazine. The gist - cutting meat out of your diet is one of the easiest and most productive ways you can fight climate change.

But Josh starts out by commenting on how global warming has suddenly become the new impending catastrophe that everyone talks about, the new trend in environmentalism. It's a valid observation. Just take a look at recent news headlines (or through my blog posts) if you want an illustration. But here are a few stories that were in the news lately:
In fact, one of the main features on the CBC home page today suggests that two-thirds of the world's large cities could end up submerged in sea water if global warming continues. [psst - hey, do you believe in global warming?]

---

Soothing sounds for the apocalypse...
Sadly, I'm not going to see Trouble tonight. I never have seen them live, in fact. And strangely, that wasn't even on my mind when I was rocking out earlier to the band's self-titled 1990 album.

No comments: