Tuesday 21 April 2009

Germans in my back yard

Oh, the misleading headlines... !

Obscura and Neuraxis played Hamilton last night, with a few Toronto/Hamilton openers, and it was just too close to home to miss, despite the crappy weather, the fact that I've seen Neuraxis before, and the fact that I had yet to hear anything by Obscura.

I made it in time to catch a few songs by Starring Janet Leigh. I think it's only been a few months since I saw them last. Tight performance, but not really my thing. Obscura, on the other hand, was surprisingly and unpredictably my thing. At least live. I picked up the CD but haven't given it a listen yet.

Recommendations (and their long trek from Germany) told me Obscura was the main event of the night. I'd only meant to stick around for a few Neuraxis songs - with their bassist stuck in the US, they couldn't be in top form, right? Nevertheless, I found myself thoroughly entertained, and the band announced their last song of the night well before I got fidgety or bored. Didn't think to take my camera, so no pics, but I do have that cd...

No comments: