Thursday 13 September 2007

briefly stepping out of seclusion

A few notes this month before I crawl back under my rock for a while:

If you've read some of my previous posts you'll know how little I appreciate circuses with animals. Circuses with just people, on the other hand are cool, and there's just such a festive event happening in Toronto this weekend - the 5th Annual Toronto International Circus Festival.

Other cool happenings in the immediate future include a charity fashion show for Haven of the Hart no kill animal shelter. It takes place Sunday at 9pm at Savage Garden.

(thanks to Toronto Goth for the above info)

I missed out on seeing The Birthday Massacre last week but managed to catch Swallow the Sun opening for Katatonia along with Insomnium and Scar Symmetry. I knew they (StS) were good, but their 35-ish minute set was a revelation.

Against my better judgment I'm addicted to the first single ("Amaranth") off the new Nightwish. With much less [i.e., no] embarrassment, I also confess my addiction to the debut by The Bombs of Enduring Freedom, especially "Guatanamo Bay International (Suspect Package Holiday)."

Now to bury my head in books for the next four years...

No comments: